NOTE: Each correct answer will give you 5 points
- Which command would you use to check the path of mv command?
- Which command would you use to edit events 56 to 60 using text editor emacs?
- What is the syntax for the command you use to re-execute a specific even or command?
- What command do you use to view the range of commands from event 23 to 33?
- Which command would you use to restrict the CPU time usage for a user’s session?
- Which component of the Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) facility performs the authentication operation?
- Which command would you use to set full permission for the owner and group and no permission to other users on the files /home/projects/database?
- What does the command fsck /dev/sda1 does?
- What is the main purpose of mounting the file system?
- Which command will display date and time?
- Which command will take you to the Documents directory inside your home directory?
- Which command clones the content of one device to another?
- Which cp command option enables you to copy the contents of a directory and its subdirectories?
- Which wc command option returns number of characters in a file?
- Which command would you use to send a kill signal to all the processes that are running kpoker command?
- Which command can you use to cause the automatic compilation of source files?
- Which file is generated by the configure command?
- Which runlevel indicates that the system is in multiuser mode running the graphical login program?
- Which of the below file can be used to add a banner in your Linux machine?
- How many KILL signal are there by default in a Linux system?
- Which UNIX service requires TCP wrappers to perform IP based access control?
- Which command do you use to access /var/log/messages file?
- Which command can you use to make /var/log/errors utilize less space in the directory?
- Which option would you use to force the logrotate program to rotate the log files?
- Which command tells the logrotate program to retain logs for a month?
emacs -e 56 61
fc -e emacs
fc -e emacs 56 61
fc -e texteditor command
fc -s command
fc -l 23 33
fc -l 23 to 33
fc -r 23 33
history 23 33
ps -aux | grep getty
Configuration file procedure
chmod 660 /home/projects/database
chmod 440 /home/projects/database
chmod 550 /home/projects/database
chmod 770 /home/projects/database
fsck resets the file permissions on the file system /dev/sda1
fsck repairs the msdos filesystem on /dev/sda1
fsck repairs the UNIX file system on /dev/sda1
fsck unmounts the filesystem and then repairs /dev/sda1
To change permission of the filesystem
To change the ownership of the filesystem
To check and repair the filesystem
To connect the filesystem to the UNIX root filesystem
kill -6 poker
kill -HUP poker
killall -KILL poker