Unable to connect to iCloud Server or iTunes from your laptop?
I recently did an update of iTunes on my laptop after which I was unable to re-login to the iTunes with the below error
Verification Failed - Error connecting to the Apple ID Server
This happens because your Internet Explorer is configured to use a proxy server which is not reachable for the moment due to which the Apple ID fails to connect to the server.
To fix this
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to "Settings" and select "Internet Options"
- Navigate to "Connections" TAB as seen below and open "LAN Settings"
- Uncheck all other options if you are using any, and select "Automatically detect settings"
- Click "OK"
- Save the config and exit the Internet Explorer
- Close the existing iTunes application and re-open it.
- Now try to connect to your account, it should work.
I hope the article was useful.