NOTE: Each correct answer would give you 5 point.
- What advantages does GRUB offer over LILO boot loader?
- Which GRUB command do you use to configure a GRUB root partition without mounting it?
- What does root refer in the GRUB context?
- In the GRUB configuration file, which command do you use to group the commands to load an OS
- What is the name of the image created in memory at runtime for shared library with name
- What does ldconfig utility enable you to do?
- Which field do you modify in the Makefile to indicate a change to the generic kernel?
- Which kernel configuration option includes options for firewalls and IP masquerading?
- In which directory is the default configuration file for the kernel located?
- Which command do you enter to enable a new kernel to load and upload all required modules?
- Identify the command that displays all currently loaded modules
- Identify the rmmod option that outputs all messages to the syslog file instead of to the console.
- Which command do you use to load a module manually?
- In which sequence do you issue commands during the kernel compilation process for a 2.4 kernel?
- Which command do you enter to import settings from a previous kernel version into recent version?
- If you are in the /usr/src/linux dir. Which commands do you use to check which libraries are installed?
- Identify the directory that contains all the modules required for different file system types.
- Which command do you use to copy and rename a compressed kernel image file to the /boot partition?
- Identify the command that provides a description of the megaraid module.
- Identify the command that builds a database of dependent modules.
It enables you to boot multiple operating systems
It enables you to permanently change GRUB conf file by adjusting boot parameters
It enables you to use password protection
It doesnot supports LBA mode
The / directory
The /boot directory
The menu interface configuration file
The root user
Configure shared libraries
Create hard links to shared libraries
Specifiy name conventions for library files
Specify the maximum number of files in a library
Network device support
Processor type and features
make clean, make bzImage, make dep, make modules, make modules_install
make dep, make bzImage, make clean, make modules, make modules_install
make dep, make clean, make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install
make modules, make bzImage, make dep, make clean, make modules_install
ls -l library
ls -l /lib/libc*
ls -l /linux
cat /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.14p3
cp -p /usr/linux/arch/i386/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.14p3
cp -p /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.14p3
move /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.14p3
modinfo -a megaraid
modinfo -d megaraid
modinfo -p megaraid
modinfo -v megaraid