VPNs have become very popular among those looking for extra privacy while using the Internet. They are also often used by gamblers who want to play on sites that they usually don’t have access to.
You might think a VPN is a perfect solution if you are really interested in playing at https://realcanadianslots.win/, which is not available in your area. However, the pros and cons should be considered before using a VPN for such purposes. This is about all the advantages and disadvantages of VPN gambling. Ultimately, you will find out whether you really should use these services or not.
VPN Pros and Cons for Online Gambling
The main advantages of a VPN are as follows:
- Access to sites that are usually inaccessible. VPN technology meets the fundamental criteria for the safety of information: integrity, confidentiality, authorized access. With the right choice of a VPN, scaling is ensured, that is, using a VPN will not create problems while playing at the selected online casino.
- Cheaper than similar solutions. Compared to leased lines and Frame Relay-based networks, virtual private networks are no less reliable in terms of information security; however, they are 5-10 and sometimes 20 times cheaper.
- Additional protection. Business needs and approaches to building information security have formed two key directions for the development of VPN technology to date: these are IPsec VPN and SSL VPN. The latter provides the necessary level of information security at low costs. And although SSL is still trying to compete on an equal footing with IPSec, the situation should change with the advent and final standardization of IPv6.
- Removal of restrictions. Some totalitarian countries use firewalls to block users from accessing unapproved online resources. But VPN does not allow firewalls to determine the user’s IP address and thus gives them more freedom.
While a VPN has many advantages that help play in the top-notch online casinos, it’s worth noting that there are also disadvantages, such as:
- Drop-in productivity. One of the disadvantages of VPN is the drop in network performance associated with delays due to encryption and decryption of protected data, as well as with the transformations required to control their integrity.
- Your funds may be confiscated. Operators of online establishments have the right to void winnings that have been won while using the VPN. For example, in 2017, poker pro player Gordon Vayo won $692,000 at a major PokerStars tournament. However, PokerStars decided that he was playing from California, and not from Canada, as his IP address suggested, and did not pay a prize of 692,000 dollars.